- The mother-to-child transmission rate also reached its historically low point last year, dropping from 7.1 percent in 2012 to 4.9 percent in 2017, Wang said.
“Where ETFs have grown — in the US and Europe — there is a big ecosystem of financial advisers,” he says. “You need a more advisory model. But until you see people paying for advice rather than paying for commissions, it is hard to see when it will take off.”
- China has continued to synchronize enterprises and institutions to raise the basic pension for over 100m retirees in 2017.
- Best Luxury Brand: Porsche
- Joss Whedon came up with the idea of Firefly while he was on a non-working vacation. He was reading a book called The Killer Angels which told the story of soldiers in the Battle of Gettysburg. Whedon was attracted to the idea of the difficulty of the soldiers' everyday lives. He liked that the author focused on the mundane details of how people survived when they didn't have all of their needs conveniently met by modern technology and commercialism.
- La La Land producer Jordan Horowitz returned to the microphone after being told about the mix up and said 'Moonlight won Best Picture' and insisting that 'this is not a joke'.
Stories from the Picture Press: Black Star Publishing Co. & The Canadian Press
Curators: Paul Roth, Gaëlle Morel and Rachel Verbin
Dominique Blain: Dérive/Drift
Salah J. Bachir New Media Wall
Guest Curator: Catherine Bédard
Browse our collection
You're networking – yes! But you're networking so thoroughly within your industry that word gets back to your boss. "The world is small," says Andrea Kay, career consultant and author of "This Is How To Get Your Next Job," so this kind of thing does happen. When sharing your résumé and other job-search materials with new and old professional contacts, explicitly state that your hunt is confidential, Foss says。
Explore our video archive
Listen to Sightlines
Hear from artists, curators, and collectors about the representation of African women in photography on season 1 of our podcast, produced with The Walrus Lab for our fall 2019 exhibition, The Way She Looks.
Visit past exhibitions
Whether China opens the stock floodgates or not will be a major price-driver in cotton and sugar — and potentially also in corn, soyabean or vegetable oil — markets in 2017, the bank said in its report.