The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 武汉5月份房价继续上涨 二手房涨幅大于新房
- Fixed Income Securities
- 42.6万户气源不足家庭 供暖全部得到保障
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 行业颠覆元年家居市场涌现新变化 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 家居建材样品让人欢喜让人忧 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 宁夏2016年将开展绿色建材评价标识管理: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- VR欲颠覆家居行业 虚拟能否照进现实？ to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
《Look What You Made Me Do》（《看看你们都让我做了什么》）这首单曲可以载入史册了，流行音乐学者们可能会世世代代地讨论它是否是一次绝妙的公关行动。
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 北京发布大风蓝色预警信号 预计前半夜有8级阵风
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 房地产市场回暖迹象明显 业内期盼再次降息
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- Widely misunderstood as a biopic about the novelist David Foster Wallace, Mr. Ponsoldt’s film is a comedy of journalistic bad manners and a bitter, knowing satire of the machinery of literary fame. Jesse Eisenberg and Jason Segel use the conventions of the buddy movie to perfect a new subgenre: the frenemy film.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Two United States cities have seen significant increases in costs, with Los Angeles rising 19 places to enter the top 10.
2. Luminous Intimacy: The Cinema of Nathaniel Dorsky and Jerome Hiler All praise and many deep-felt thanks to the New York Film Festival for programming this sublime dual retrospective.